Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a WiComply Account. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. We may present your name, email address or image to other users in your organisation, or otherwise associated with your WiComply account in order to assist in communicating with you. In some instances, WiComply may include functionality that permits you to provide personal information that is accessible by recipients that you designate as emergency contacts that are not associated with your WiComply account, including your name, contact information and location.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our services or you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). WiComply may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your WiComply Account.
When you use our services or view content provided by WiComply, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including:
- details of how you used our service, including date and time, your IP address, browser type and browser language.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet Protocol address
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your WiComply Account.
- Location information
When you use a location-enabled WiComply service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
WiComply may also use your location to determine whether you are within a geo-fenced zone in order to direct incident data to Users associated with your account or to other designated emergency contacts.
Unique application details
Certain services include unique application details. This information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to WiComply when you install, activate, login, logout, uninstall or deactivate that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new services, to troubleshoot problems, to manage order fulfilment and billing requirements, to identify and authenticate users and to protect WiComply and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We may use the name you provide for your WiComply Profile across all of the services we offer that require a WiComply Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your WiComply Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible WiComply Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact WiComply, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We may combine information from one service, including personal information, into other WiComply services.
Customers can opt out of being contacted by us by following the opt-out instructions located in the e-mails we may send you, by changing your privacy settings in the Service, or by contacting us at any time.
However, WiComply reserves the right to send its existing customers certain communications relating to the Service as part of our commercial relationship with you, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to cancel your account by logging in to your WiComply account, accessing Account Admin, and clicking the Cancel Account link.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of WiComply unless one of the following circumstances apply:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of WiComply when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With account Administrators
If your WiComply Account is managed for you by an organisation administrator then your organisation’s administrator will have access to your WiComply information (including your email and other data). Your account administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information.
With account Duress Responders
WiComply enables permission to be given to Users to receive duress alerts, meaning your organisation’s duress responders will have access to your WiComply information (including your email and other personal data) and these responders will receive duress notifications when you are within any designated geo-fenced area as defined by your organisation.
With assigned emergency contacts
Your profile settings allow you to assign emergency contacts to receive duress notifications external to those initiated within designated geo-fenced areas as defined by your organisation. Accordingly, when you utilize WiComply to initiate a duress notification, WiComply will make your personal information available to these contacts. WiComply is not responsible for whether or how such third parties utilise your personal information.
For external processing
We may rely on third party service providers to assist us in other aspects of operating the Site. For example, we may use third party data centres to host the Web Properties and third party storage providers. We obtain appropriate contractual and technical protections to limit these service providers’ use and disclosure of your personal information.
For billing and payment processing
All financial and billing information that we collect through the Site is used solely to check the qualifications of prospective customers and to bill for the Service. WiComply does not use this billing information for marketing or promotional purposes.
WiComply uses third-party intermediaries to manage payment processing. These intermediaries are solely links in the distribution chain, and are not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided except for purposes of payment processing.
For incident response and maintenance
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of WiComply if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of WiComply, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners - like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
Your use of other people’s information
In order to facilitate the services offered through our Site, WiComply allows you in certain circumstances to record information about other people and give other Users limited access to the personal information of other persons. For example, you may give access to a team member to the personal information of other team members.
You agree that the indemnity you give to us in the Terms of Service applies to any non-compliance by you with the foregoing.
We are committed to Children's Privacy
WiComply takes children’s privacy seriously and understands their vulnerability in a service that holds identifiable personal information and locations.
Do not provide us with any personal information including any personal health information unless you are not a minor or your parent or other person who is lawfully entitled to give consent on your behalf has consented to your doing so.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Should you wish to opt-out of our data collection and have your personal identifiable information removed, then email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work hard to protect WiComply and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to WiComply employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.